Monday, April 25, 2016

Lifespan Week 8 McGuire

In our final week, this blog post was a review on everything we have learned in this class and I took it to be how I can apply it to everyday life.

As I watch my daughter or my kids at school, I find myself noticing what stage they might be going through or what theory best describes the space I'm currently in. I never knew how to apply psychology classes to my everyday life but after reading the chapters and discussing with my classmates, I have found that I have learned so much more than I ever thought possible. What's also cool is that we did this class online with technology that supports that kind of learning. Technology is all around us and allows us to connect with so many people who are going through things that we many never have been able to understand before or who understand challenges that we are going through ourselves while they are half a world away. Amazingly now we can talk to them in an instant when before we may have felt we were going though life alone. It connects us on a global scale and not only allows us to help one another through our unique challenges, but helps keep us grounded in the fact that what we do affects so many.

Never allow your struggles to bring you down, God is with you and you are awesome. There is always light at the end of the tunnel, and if you have a near death experience, make sure to write it down because that light could have been heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment